Tuesday, April 2, 2024

Second on the 2nd - 4/2/24

 Elizabeth at Altered Book Lover encourages us to give an old post a second look .  Here is mine from the way back machine.  Some of you may remember we lost our mountain home to a wildfire.  I do have some great memories left though.  This is one of them.


TUESDAY, MAY 31, 2011

Look what I found...

... sleeping in the Iris bed.


What's there?  What am I seeing?


Oh my! Seeing these two nearly took my breath away.

We're in the mountains. I'd walked up the driveway to put the garbage out. Walking back I looked over the retaining wall to see if any iris were blooming. I didn't expect to see TWO VERY TINY FAWNS. They are so little, hardly bigger than rabbits as you can tell, the iris leaves they are hiding behind aren't really all that big.

I was able to dash in and get my camera and quickly snap two pictures. After the second "click" they bounced up and scampered off. They were too sudden and too fast for me to catch the action.

I really feel I was given a very special gift.

Have you spotted something delightful in nature recently?

2 comments:

  1. Oh Darla, what a precious find, I'm glad you reshared this post for second on the second.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How lovely to be able to get a quick picture of these beautiful babies. And I'm glad to see you back posting here. I've missed your Tuesday posts.

    ReplyDelete