Tuesday, February 13, 2024

Tea Stands for Tuesday 2/13/24

 Hello Tea Party friends.




I have been experimenting with various things to dye paper with.  I was pretty happy with this paper dyed using beet skins.  I think I'd like to try avocado next.  




I have a lot of catching up to do with everyone posting on Elizabeth's page.  I'll try to get around to everyone very soon  I do want to thank Elizabeth for the postcards and ATC I recently received.  It is fun to get a surprise in the mail.






6 comments:

  1. A little tea party with just yourself is always fun. I do it many afternoons. Your paper looks great too. What a fun experiment. I hope you're having a super T day Darla. hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that poem. I laughed when I read it.

    I LOVE your beet dyed paper. I have never tried beets or avocados for that matter. I think the beet paper is fantastic. Thanks for sharing it with us and the poem for T this Tuesday, dear Darla. Glad you got your very belated ATC, dear.

    ReplyDelete
  3. From everything I've read, the avocados will produce a very pale pink.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your paper experiments and the poem! Happy T Day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beet dye is used for a lot of applications — including for foods. So it looks as if your experiment makes very pretty paper. The King Arthur website has a whole page about how to create natural colors from foods like red cabbage and blueberries! All food-safe, of course, though that isn’t an issue with your exploration of dye for paper.
    best, mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love how you approach creativity - there's a delightful whimsy to your projects. Avocado? Can't imagine that but will look forward to seeing how it turns out. Onion skins is one of my favorites (from back when I was doing these dying things) Thanks for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete