Thursday, February 2, 2023

Second on the Second - 2/2/23

Every month Elizabeth provides us a chance to repost something on thee 2nd of the month.  Here is one of my favorites.  As an aside, I know some people have had problems with leaving comments on my blog.  I really don't know how to fix that,  I'm sorry.  

Here is my repost

FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 13, 2015

Married Bliss


Married Bliss

I have a small collection of old postcards.  I showed this one here some time ago but thought I would bring it up again in honor of Valentines Day tomorrow.
This old postcard, mailed in 1909, says it all! Things haven't changed much in over 100 years.

Front of postcard
Married Bliss 

back of postcard
Dear sister all is well hope you are as happy as this pair seems to be
Your sister
Martha

I don't know the people involved but I love the fact that one sister sent it to another with that message on the back. 
Did you immediately wonder about the story of these sisters? I did. 

2 comments:

  1. Interesting postcard, I do wonder what the story was behind that one! Happy Second on the Second! Elle/EOTC xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had almost finished writing a long comment, when something went wrong and I lost it.

    I remember that postcard from the first time you shared it. I thought how sweet that the man was taking care of his wife. It was quite different from how men were usually portrayed in that era. Thanks for this lovely second look on the 2nd, dear Darla.

    ReplyDelete