Thursday, February 4, 2021

What's for dinner? Artichoke and Chicken Bake 2/4/2021

 I've been looking through some of my recipes.  A few and hand written, some came from family members, many are from pre-internet days.

I'm going to post a few.  That way I'll know where to find them and maybe my friends will find some cooking inspiration. 

This is what I made last night.




Artichoke and Chicken Bake 

1 (14 ounce) can water-packed artichoke hearts, well drained and chopped 
3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese 
3/4 cup mayonnaise 
1 dash garlic powder or 2 garlic cloves 
4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves 

Preheat oven to 375. 
Spray an 11 x 7 inch baking dish with Pam. 
Salt and pepper the chicken breast halves and place in the dish. 
In a bowl, combine the artichoke hearts, parmesan cheese, mayonnaise and garlic powder; mix well. 
Spread artichoke mixture over chicken breasts. 
Bake, uncovered, 30-35 minutes or until chicken juices run clear.

NOTES:

. Be sure to trim any fat off the chicken breasts
. I cut my chicken breast halves into two pieces, just easier to serve as a whole half breast is more than some folks want
. I always grate fresh parmesan cheese but imagine you can use the packaged kind. Same with the garlic, I prefer fresh to the powder.


5 comments:

  1. I've never seen cans of artichoke hearts, but I get mine at the grocery store. Scott has even gotten them at Aldi for me. This looks like a nice dish to make. It's good to know where your recipes are and on your blog is a great place to share them, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Darla, how are you? That does read like a delicious recipe. I tend not to remember to try artichokes, but they are delicious when I come across them. Chicken is a staple in our diet, so I am copying your recipe. Thank you for sharing. Take care and be safe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made an artichoke dip with the same ingredients minus the chicken...bake it and serve with crackers. Sounds great on top of chicken!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks yummy. Will have to give it a try - not sure if Amazon has artichoke hearts, but I'll check. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. this recipe sounds really good never would have thought to put those two ingredients together-thanks happy friday

    ReplyDelete