Thursday, April 9, 2020

My Name is Lucy Barton (book)

I've been reading a lot during this stay at home period.  I'm fortunate to have an e-reader and a local library that has lots of ebooks I can borrow.

Some time ago,  I read "Olive Kitteridge" and liked it very much. Strout was awarded the Pulitzer Prize for that novel. 




I just finished this one.  I don't know what took me so long to get back to this author.  I like her somewhat contemplative writing style. I already have "Anything Is Possible" on my reader ready to go. Are you familiar with Strout's work?  What book recommendation do you have for me?

6 comments:

  1. Hi Darla. I've never read her work, but will add it to my wish list at the library (when they re-open). I have a stockpile of books and am now reading a thick one encapsulating some of the writings of a diarist. He was a reporter on various newspapers and wrote diaries all his life. Thanks for the recommendation and hope you and Wm are doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read this book several years ago, having already read Olive Kitteridge. I'd read anything by her on seeing her name as author. Brilliant. But I haven't run across anything else by her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Several people have recommended Olive Kittredge to me, one of these days I will read it. I appreciate a good book recommendation. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Darla, I have never read Olive Kittredge, so will have a look at this on my kindle. Going through a lot of reading lately :)
    Happy Easter, and be safe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never heard of this author. I don't have a kindle or a library that is open in Wichita. Sad, but true. I'm rereading some Sue Grafton novels, though. Much better than rereading my calculus books (grin).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haven't read anything by her. Will definitely have to take a peek. ;)
    Haven't been reading much lately, but hope to be reading on my patio when it warms up. ;)

    ReplyDelete