Monday, December 2, 2019

Second on the second - Tea Stands for Tuesday - 12/2/19

Bringing this back for a second look and another cup of tea.  it was summer last time I posted.  This morning we have cold rain so tea it is for me.  Visit here to see what others consider worth a second look.

Tuesday, August 9, 2016


Tea Stands for Tuesday - 8/9/16

Today is the day Elizabeth invites us to a Tea Party at her place.  You can bring any drink and come along and join the fun.

\\

As I mentioned yesterday, I've been at the River House.  The weather was quite warm so I was drinking lots of water while creating this and that.

Here's another project accomplished.  It is an idea I had in mind for some time.  I am sure I saw something similar somewhere but it was ages ago and I don't remember where it was.  I'd be happy to credit the idea if I could.  I don't even know what to call the end result.  Maybe a Rose Light?



I started with this.  A glue gun, glass bowls and a cheap stem of roses.  I seem stuck on roses these days.  Sketching them, stenciling them and  now this.


The roses were torn apart and the petals glued onto the glass bowl


I found s bit of tulle in my scraps and cut a few petals to stick in here and there just to add a little depth and dimension.  Here's a close up , see the  petal with texture?


When finished I put a little tea light inside. It was a bit hard to photograph with the light on.  I used one of the l e d type lights but you could use a real tea light.   I was pleased with the end result.  It makes a nice night light.  I can also imagine several on a dining table, maybe in the patio.

I hope you had a great week, I did.

20 comments:

  1. Your light is gorgeous-love it! thanks for sharing. and I am off to check out your second look.
    Happy second on the 2nd and T hugs Kathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oops I read that wrong the link was back to Elizabeth haha enjoy your monday

      Delete
  2. I remember this post, Darla. I was in awe then, and I'm in awe again. This turned out so pretty and it's functional, too. I can see it on a summertime dining table. Thanks for bringing this back as your second look on the 2nd.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty! They'd make a lovely centerpiece, wouldn't they :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Darla wow such pretty flowers,love the colour xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh roses. Seeing we're in the snow today I think the roses looks wonderful. Happy T day and December 2. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your beautiful tea light holder! How nice to reflect back on warmer days too. Happy T day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, how beautiful those rose lights are. What a great idea. Happy T-Day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It was a fabulous project with the rose tea lights, it would be beautiful to see on the dining table for special occasions.
    Happy T day.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, the rose light you made looks stunning 😀. Thanks for sharing again and wishing you a very Happy T Day! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is a beautiful rose project. The result is stunning. You could make those and give them as presents. Or as you say adorning the dining room table.
    Happy T-Day to you,
    Hugs,
    Lisca

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely rose centerpiece. So glad you shared it as I didn't see it the first time. Such a great idea.
    Happy Tea Day,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  12. The light is so pretty. It would make a lovely centerpiece for a table or a gift. Happy T Day

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful rose light. I didn't see it the first time, so thanks for the second on the second, so I could get a chance to see it. Happy T Day!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Brilliant idea for your T post and a great second look! The rose light looks wonderful! Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those roses are wonderful Darla !! really Amazing. Happy belated T-day !
    I wish you a very nice Thursday,
    Big hugs, Caty

    ReplyDelete
  16. Those candle holders are beautiful, Darla. I'm glad you shared this a second time. I have to make some!

    Belated Happy T-Day! Eileen xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete