Friday, August 23, 2019

Aztec Fast Food (recipe)


I posted this recipe years ago on my old blog.  I just recently made it and we enjoyed it so much I thought I would post it again.





1 large can (29 oz.) hominy
1/3 C smooth peanut butter
½ tsp garlic salt
Cayenne
2 cups finely shredded cabbage
1 ripe avocado, pitted peeled and sliced
About 1 cup thin sliced red radish
Lemon wedges
Salt.

Drain hominy and pour 1/3 Cup of the liquid in a 2 - 3 quart pan. Add peanut butter and garlic salt. Stir until smooth. Add hominy and cayenne to taste (a bit hot). Stir often, uncovered, over medium heat until hominy is hot. Divide cabbage equally amount 4 wide salad bowls. Spoon hominy mixture onto cabbage and top with avocado and radishes. Season to taste with lemon and salt.

Makes 4 servings

From: Sunset Magazine – many, many years ago.

1 comment:

  1. This sounds delicious. Thanks for the reshare of this recipe, dear Darla.

    ReplyDelete