Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Art Journal Journey - recycle and collage



This is my first time joining Art Journal Journey and I sure hope I'm doing it right.  I think my friend Elizabeth will help me out if I muddle up.

As I understand it, Art Journal Journey has a once a month challenge and this month the challenge is recycle and collage.


Here is my entry:  Bits and pieces I found and recycled by using in a collageI started with a 8x10 canvas board.  Collage pieces are newsprint, teabag papers,  a few bits from magazines, odds and ends and acrylic paints.  I used a metal piece in the upper left and a metal circle near center.  The star is stamped on a wooden circle, the elephant (lower left) stamped on a cardboard tag.  

This actually represents the true adventures of someone who traveled in both India (elephant) and Asia (large figure).  


11 comments:

  1. What an absolutely BRILLIANT first entry, Darla. Not only is it perfect for Alison's theme, it is well done and properly linked, too.

    I am in awe of all the beautiful pieces you attached to your collage. Your recycling was insightful, clever, and creative. We are SO GLAD you shared this with us at Art Journal Journey. And I personally want to thank you and invite you to join us again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this, Darla. Brings all the elements of collage together into one delightful piece. I admire your venture into various mediums.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You bring back to mind the washer toss game we played with the kids when they were young. Every object really _does_ tell a story :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is simply GORGEOUS Darla! A fantastic collage! I am in awe of it and I really hope to see you more often in the future with your amazing art at Art Journal Journey! Just GREAT ist this thought provoking collage!! Thank you very much for playing with us at Art Journal Journey!
    Hugs, Susi
    Hugs, Susi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool collage Darla. It's great to see you sharing your art with us. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  6. Darla, to put your mind at ease, you may submit a journal page every day, if you chose and it meets the host's requirements. And you may interpret the challenge any way you choose, too. You may even post TWICE a day, if you are ambitious (Grin)! Seriously, both Susi and I meant it when we said we hope to see you here more often. Not just this month, but in future months, too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A gorgeous collage Darla, you are a real talent. So interesting to see travel in India and Asia illustrated in this way. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, what an amazing collage! The different recycled materials and pieces that you stamped look stunning on your beautiful background 😀. You have created such an exceptional piece - I love it! Wishing you a happy and creative week! J 😊 x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your awesome collage page, its a super sentiment to go with all the fantastic pieces you added.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic collage page Darla! I love it!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow,what a amazing page,super recycling and the sentiment is pretty too,love espesically your wonderful backround.

    hugs jenny

    ReplyDelete