Thursday, November 2, 2017

Second on the Second - 11/2/17


I'm a little late to the party this morning.  You know how some days are slow like that don't you?  It isn't too late though to join me at Altered Book Lover to see who else posted today.

I chose this post to bring back while I was looking through some of my old card making ideas.  Do you have any card inspiration for me?

WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 15, 2010


Three Muses Challenge - Odd Couple

This weeks 3 Muses challenge theme is "Odd Couple"

In keeping with the season I made this card.



Copy of an old photo from my box of Mystery People, a few paper scraps from some advertising. You might have to enlarge the photo to notice the cigar in his hand. I love some of the details in these old pictures.

Friends are coming for a pre-holiday dinner on Tuesday. I'm going to attach the card to a box of truffles for a small holiday gift.

5 comments:

  1. Happy second on the 2nd Darla -- I like your card from this time!
    Happy November for you!
    oxo Susi
    You would find a billion of great card ideas on Pinterest..
    I love this source for inspiration....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am NOT a card maker, but I really adore your card. That picture is rich with detail and their porch looks like mine did before I had it replaced (grin). I also like how you added the cute Santa hats to their heads, too. Thanks for sharing this with as your second look on the 2nd.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You made them look like a fun couple. They didn't look that way before. This is a great card. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a brilliant second look! I made some similar cards using a sheep last year! Happy 2nd on the 3rd! Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy 2nd, Darla! Clever odd couple card. I bet it was a hit.

    Card making ideas? Funny you should ask. Since I've been sitting in a recliner for two weeks and couldn't be at my craft table, I've been listing ideas to do when I can craft again.

    I found a bunch grid cards that really appeal to me. Google "grid greeting cards."

    Hugs, Eileen

    ReplyDelete