Monday, September 18, 2017

Socks in September

I've been knitting.  Not knitting as much as last couple of years when I was making lots of Christmas presents.  Still, I usually have a pair of socks on the needles.  Something easy to carry, easy to pick up when the mood strikes.




DH is a great fan of hand knit socks.  This is his latest pair.  It is rewarding to knit something that gets lots of use. 




Now that this pair is done, I have the fun of choosing yarn for the next pair.  Fortunately he isn't conservative so I can go with any color or design I want.









6 comments:

  1. I wish I had someone to knit me a pair of those socks. I simply adore those, especially the colors you chose. I know your husband must be tickled that you made these beauties for him.

    BTW, I read somewhere that the thing homeless people ask for most are socks. Of course, they don't mean these gorgeous ones!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love socks, but I've never worn hand-made ones. What a treat for your hubby :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, the socks your knitted are amazing! I love the colours, your DH is one lucky man 😁. Wishing you a happy new week! J 😊

    ReplyDelete
  4. NICE socks. I need to pick up my knitting and get back to my Christmas stocking I am making. Glad you shared. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  5. Never worn handmade socks. Love all the wild colors and patterns! You're lucky hubby loves them so you can just have a pair going all the time. :)

    ReplyDelete